Introduction to Starscope Monocular: Ever wanted a high-end zooming binoculars or telescope for your long-lost interest in bird watching, wildlife spotting, sightseeing or just to look miles away from your place of comfort.
What if there is a product satisfying all these needs and enabling you to step-up your smartphone photography game by acting as an attachment for an unbelievable 10 X magnification.
Well, it seems like there is a solution for that, we’re talking about the starscope monocular. A budget-friendly option for all your needs, no need to invest in $1000 binoculars when you can have the same benefits at a much lower price.
Below you will find a detailed review of the starscope monocular which has been trending online.
What is startscope monocular?
Priced at $48 per unit, starscope monocular is an optical tool launched online in November 2020 that claims to offer 10x zoom which works effectively with all new-gen smartphone (compatible with both androids and iOS) cameras to let you use it to capture photos from miles away.
It serves as a great tool for sightseeing and has military-grade magnification. It is exclusively available at starscopemonocular.com
It has a telescopic lens with an adjustable dioptre.Thus letting you navigate your camera’s vision to the desired potential.
The company claims that “it is the most advanced miniature telescope that zooms in for clear crisp vision.” A revolutionary device for optimal viewing in the outdoors.
Product specifications of The Starscope Monocular
As specified on the official website:
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 3mm
- Magnification: 10x fully multi-coated lenses and HD glass
- Eye Relief: 20mm
- Field of View: 114/1100m
- Streamlined design, anti-skid frosted sure-grip
- Prism Type: BAK4 (same as $1,000 binoculars)
- Weight: 320g or 11.2 ounces
- Material: Advanced polymer
- Color: Black
- Lens: Fully multicoated (FMC), green
- Built-in compass
- Hands-free with tripod socket
What is included in a starscope monocular?
- Monocular (With an integrated cap for the front lens)
- Carrying strap (1/4” inch camera mount screw[M])
- Carrying pouch (With a belt loop)
- Microfiber cloth
- Lens cap (for the Back lens)
- Mini Tripod (1/4” inch camera mount screw)
What to expect From Starscope Monocular?
The website claims to offer “to see for miles with precision”. It is a cool piece of technology that enables the user to use it as a monocular; just put it up against your dominant eye, or as a smartphone camera accessory lens, compatible with both android and iOS.
Just slide it over to your phone’s primary camera and it will turn your phone into your very own lookout station. Quite easy to use, don’t you think?
The science behind the action principle of the Starscope monocular
The device has a very simple principle behind it. Think of it as one-half of binoculars. It is made up of a high-quality multi coated optical glass of the finest quality with a steel or aluminum barrel, a focus ring, and a couple of other things.
The claims of the starscope monocular:
• The company claims that this $48 product enables you to have a viewing experience of $1000 binoculars and to take pictures comparable to a high-end DSLR camera.
• The company allegedly states that the product is rugged and is covered with a non-skid, protective coating; which makes it extremely user-friendly. It is drop resistant and can be used under extreme conditions.
• Waterproof and fog-proof lens makes it perfect for outdoor use.
• Lenses are scratch-resistant.
• It is compact and lightweight making it handy for the user. Can be carried easily, making it a good way to replace heavy and bulky lenses. Ensuring it is travel friendly.
What makes starscope monocular special?
There are a bunch of things that make this starscope monocular pretty special.
• It is double duty, serves a monocular and a camera attachment, it is best for hunters, hikers, birdwatchers, etc.
• The BAK4 prism, which is used in high-end binoculars. It is of the highest quality.
• It is not a fragile gadget. It is meant for heavy-duty usage.
• It has a 3 mm exit pupil diameter.
• The field view of 114-1100m allows you to see mountain peaks, flying birds and observe the wild fauna from a great safe distance.
• Sharp photography from a far distance is the primest advantage.
• It has a precision CNC/CAD construction, which is an inbuilt computerized control system for the ease of functions for the user.
• It can be useful to visually impaired individuals. It can help people with vision issues
The pros and cons of Starscope Monocular:
To decide whether the product is worth the money you pay, here are the comparative advantages and disadvantages of the product.
1. Water-resistant: While out sightseeing in rain or if you drop it in water is not a big deal anymore. You can still enjoy its benefits without having to be critically careful, no more worries of ruining your voyage.
2. Fog resistance: You can pretty much enjoy your device on a chilly and foggy winter day or your early morning expeditions. You can still have beautiful and clear pictures and enjoy the sightseeing.
3. Handsfree: The biggest plus point of a starscope monocular is that it comes with a tripod making it user-friendly, you no longer have to make an effort to keep your phone still and sturdy while taking the picture. No issues if you have shaky hands just find a suitable surface to keep your tripod.
4. Inbuilt compass: The device has an in-built compass that makes it perfect to carry with you while trekking or forest ventures. With it, there would be no worries of losing your way.
5. Highly durable: The device is highly rugged and would survive even a hard hit on the rock. It is drop-resistant.
6. Easy-grip and handling: The sleek design of the device ensures it is handy. It has a dimension of 15.5×7.0x4.4cm. It is very light in weight, it weighs around 320 g, making it easy to carry. It is travel friendly as it can be easily carried even in the pocket of your trouser.
7. Multipurpose and easy to use: It serves dual functions, one of a monocular and other of a camera accessory. To use it as a camera attachment just place it over the main camera of your phone and voila! start taking breath-taking pictures. Moreover, it is compatible with both iOS and android. or you can even use it as it is as a monocular without using your phone.
8. Very affordable: It comes at an affordable price of $48 and pretty much serves the purpose
9. Comes with a 100% Iron-Clad customer replacement guarantee: If there is an issue the company will send you a replacement lens so that you can continue to enjoy using the product.
10. While taking a photo, the high-quality lens makes it possible to capture a clear HD image with no blurs.
11. It has a 30 days money-back guarantee.
12. Very affordable: It is priced at $47.99 which is a great deal for a product this good .
13. The product pulls in a lot more light making it ideal to lose at night. you can click amazing pictures at night without compromising on the quality of the pictures.
Sadly, just like every other product, the device comes with disadvantages along with the advantage. Fortunately, the pros outnumber the cons.
1. It does not support a broad view of objects: The reason behind this is, unlike binoculars it is a single eyepiece.
2. It has limited availability: As it is exclusively available only on its official site, it becomes less accessible to the buyers.
3. It is perfect for personal use. However, you cannot expect it to give the benefits of professional telescopes or binoculars.
4. To get it lined up with your cellphones takes a little bit of practice.
Who is this product best suitable for?
To be honest, this product is pretty much made for anyone who enjoys stargazing, sightseeing, birdwatching, and watching wildlife.
You can carry it along with you to your vacations and trips, and enjoy the views without any hassle or carry it along with you for your hikes, adventures, and camps.
Not much tech knowledge is needed to operate this simple gadget all you need to do is tuck it in and start clicking pictures. Making it suitable for any age group to use it.
Maintenance of Starscope Monocular
Cleaning of the device is pretty much simple; it comes with a lens brush which can be used for cleaning. Alternatively, a microfibre cloth can also be used.
Never try to use fingernails or paper towels for the purpose as it may damage the coating of the lens which cannot be fixed.
Where to find Starscope Monocular?
The Starscope Monocular is unbelievably priced at $47.99. There is only one place where you can find this amazing product.
It can be bought in a package of one, two, three, or four units, and is exclusively available on its official website starscopemonocular.com
FAQs on Starscope Monocular
Will the Starscope Monocular work with my smartphone?
Yes, it will. The device is compatible with both android and IOS. You just need to clip it on your main camera.
How does it attach to my phone?
Just place the device over your main camera and capture the high-quality images. It comes with a tripod, making it sturdy and easy to use in handsfree mode.
How much does the Starscope Monocular cost?
The device costs $47.99 and can be bought as a single unit or in a package of two, three, or four units from the official website.
Is it durable or will it break if I drop it?
The device is highly durable and does not break when dropped. It is covered with a non-skid, protective coating. On top of that, it is scratch proof which adds to the durability.
Is the device any good?
The answer to this question is a straight yes. The device is great for personal use.
Nevertheless do not forget that it is not a device made for professional use, for that purpose you must opt for a more professional telescope, binoculars, or microscope.
Besides that it provides a vast variety of functions at the price, which makes it worth it.
The final verdict on Starscope Monocular Review 2021
Monoculars are way more convenient and economical than binoculars. They are more portable and compact. it turns your smartphone into a mini telescope. It is easy to use and offers pretty amazing visuals.
It is out of the box and an innovative product. You’ll pretty much enjoy this buy and not even regret any penny you pay for it.
You can use it to take pictures of your favorite constellation, moon and even nearby planets. The level of clarity is just out of the world.
To conclude it is safe to say it is a pretty good product at a spectacular price which lets you enjoy a variety of functions without digging a hole in your pocket.
It is indeed worth both; the hype and the price. Besides, the company’s money back guarantee clears all the doubt regarding the risks involved in buying it.